Can you tell me? What is it to you? What pictures come to your mind when you think of being a successful person?
Honestly, I don’t like the world’s definition of success. If success means you have to have a house bigger than you will ever need,
a new car every other year,
a wardrobe worth tens of thousands of dollars,
and more money left over than most people could imagine…I don’t really care for it. It’s not that any of those things are bad. Just please don’t define success by them. You and I both know that some of the richest people in the world can also be the loneliest and saddest people in the world.
So what is success?
Well, these are ten of the things I have come up with in random order as they came to my mind. Maybe you don’t agree. That’s ok. I just know that although I am trying to create more financial stability in my life, I refuse to let that define my success. I would rather be poor and peaceful than wealthy and wretched.
- Being a light and a blessing in someone else’s life.
- Being able to see beauty in little things like a rosebud or a child’s smile.
- Giving of yourself when you know you will get nothing in return.
- Working to better yourself while being content with what you already have.
- Always getting up if you fall.
- Doing your best in the little things and the big things too.
- Knowing someone is smiling because you gave it to them.
- Having a dream and living to make it come true.
- Being able to work something you are passionate about.
- Being true to God, others, and yourself.